Friday 1 January 2016

Review on the Primark 'P.S' Fashion false nails with glue adhesive (+ Update!)

Hey Beauties,
Firstly... WOW! How hard is it to type when wearing pointed fake nails? Extremely! That one sentence alone has taken four times longer to type then it usually would have. This is hard.
For Christmas my parents got me a gift card to use at Primark, with that I bought a number of their beauty and cosmetics range (if you'd like to see everything I bought check out my haul post which will be up soon). One item I bought was the 'P.S. 24 Fashion Nails with Nail Adhesive', they are almond shaped false nails in a neutral muted pink/beige nude shade and I got another pack in plain white.


Instructions on the back are much like any other, 'Spread a thin, even layer of glue onto your entire nail. Place nail up to, but not touching your cuticle. Press firmly for approximately 5 seconds to set'. Clear how-to-do points, you shouldn't go wrong. Extra tips that I would recommend are; wipe nails with acetone nail varnish remover to get rid of any excess oils on the nail, lightly file your nail to give the glue and false nail extra grip and staying power and don't press the false nails straight down on to the nail, apply the base of the nail to the tip of your natural nails and slide down softly before pressing to adhere.
I followed all instructions as Primark Beauty wrote after finding the right false nails to fit my natural nails. All a pretty good sizes, they fit perfectly and they seem strong whilst not being too thick. Can't complain with that. Only complaint I do have is that not all the almond tips are in a straight line with the nail bed, so a slight bit of filing and shaping may be needed.


For £1, yes, £1 - these aren't bad at all. I look forward to seeing how long they last. They definitely need some getting used to if your not used to wearing your nails long and false, at least if they are natural you get used to the length as they grow. I'm finding it hard to do much, I feel as though they get in the way but they are pretty and a lot sexier than my natural short nails.


I actually decided to see how well they customise; so I grabbed 3 of my 3mm golden square studs, a Nail Edge nail glue (but of course you could use the primark glue or any other brand you may have) and applied them to the base of my ring finger nail to give it a bit more of an edgey look and a bit more me. I love it. They have stuck really well and fit well on the base of the false nail. I feel like a glamorous falcon. Ha! They still need some getting used too but I'm willing to persevere (typing has gotten a little easier, thank goodness, or I would be going out of my mind).



UPDATE: So, I applied these nails quite late on New Years Eve (31.12.2015) and it is now the 08th of January 2016; my nails are still going strong! I am very very very impressed, for £1 nails from Primark, these are doing a great-great job. Amazing strength and staying power. I am going to stock up on these badboys without a doubt, they can be customised with little 3D ornaments and painted which ever colour you want and they aren't budging from my fingers. 10 out of 10. If I had these done at a salon, I'd be going back in a few days to get the nail growth filled in. I'm impressed, I seriously am. The 3mm gold studs that I applied have started to come off and I adhered them to the nail using The Edge Nail Glue which is of a professional quality, so to be having those fall off now - after 7 days, but my nails still remain is unbelievable. 100% recommend, and I can't believe they are only one pound!!!


2nd UPDATE:  Two fell off after 8 days and I pulled the rest off a few hours later. So, these should last around a week! No visible damage to my natural nails and they still look shiny and strong, I'll give my nails a weeks rest and then apply my next set. Primark have me hooked on these nails already. 
What do you think? Yay or Nay? What P.S. Primark Beauty pieces have you tried?
I look forward to hearing from you and talking to you again,
Have fun, Be good.
Enjoy yourself.
Love Tessa. x

No comments:

Post a Comment