Tuesday 5 January 2016

Having myself a little haul!

Hey Beauties,

I was very lucky last month to have a little extra money spare (especially around Christmas and New Year time! I don't know how I managed it. I feel some kind of lame achievement, *A round of applause for moi*)

Lets start with Superdrug, I got Make Up Academy (MUA) Professional Bronzed Perfection Bronzer (£3). MUA is such a good brand for low cost but good quality products, although some are hit and miss with  me (like certain lipsticks, mascaras, etc) their powder formula's and shades they have for eye shadows and blushers, etc are on point.
I picked up a Flutter Eye shadow Palette (£1.49) which have four gorgeous shades in, the blue/green one was the colour to make me buy it though. I also picked up a packet of B. Pure Micellar Wipes (49p) and a Superdrug own brand Dead Sea clay face mask (99p). I love what Micellar Wipes (and Water) does to my skin and how simple and quick it is to use them, it has completely changed my skin care routine and my skins complexion for the better.


In Boots I bought 3 things, the Seventeen Brows That! Brows Kit (£5.99) that contains a wax, powder, highlighter, mini pencil and a mini brush plus a handy how - to  card to guide you on how to achieve the perfect brows. I must admit I can not do without this kit, I adore it. I also got a Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL HD hair dye in the shade 86 Pure Purple (£5.49) and the

 
 No7 Illuminated Makeup Mirror (was £49.99, but on offer at the moment for £20!), I love this mirror. Its double sided, one side is standard the other has 5x magnification. Plus the light (which is all around the circular mirror) is a dimmer light, so you can have the light as soft or as hard as you want which is amazing, and the mirror swivels so you can have it any way you want too (if only everything could do that!). I honestly do not know what I would do without this mirror anymore, I really don't.


On Very Exclusive (which is Very's designer website) I got the STILA Stay All Day Foundation and Concealer (£30) in the shade 03 Light (I will be doing a review for you very soon!). It says it's oil free and is a HD, high performance foundation, inside the cap is a concealer and mirror and within the box is a foundation brush.
 
Lastly, Primark. My lovely parents got me a gift card for Christmas, so I used it to buy myself a pair of new boots. Black with thick soles, a buckle on the side with a zip on the outside for detail and a zip on the outside to put them on and take them off with, these pair caught my eye but I was in doubt at first because they aren't my typical style. I tried them on, said a few "Umm's" and "Are's" then put them in the rather large fabric basket that usually has a few rips and tears in. Those much loved Primark baskets.


 
I took a little walk around but nothing caught my eye which disappointed me, usually I end up looking at a whole bunch of stuff and spend an hour or so in there. I decided to look at practical things instead; off to the lingerie department I went. Grabbed myself two different packs of Brazilian knickers, the first pack contained 4 microfibre pairs; white with pink a black leopard print design, black, white with black and glitter gold polka dots, plain off-white. The other is a pack of 5 different coloured lace brazilian briefs; Dark Pink, Light Blue, Light Green, Neon Pink and Dark Blue, both costing £4.50 each which isn't bad at all.
 
Oh - Did you know that Primark have their own beauty range called PS...? Of course, you probably do... Have you tried it though? That's the question. I took the plunge and looked through what  they had, which to be honest wasn't a great deal. Now, considering the Primark I went to had 2 levels, I was disappointed with the stock they had. Anyway, I grabbed myself two packets of 24 Fashion Nails; one plain and the other a neutral pink/beige both almond shaped (£1 each). I got a packet of Design Nails (£1), they are a negative space design; transparent in places with a white design. I also picked up a matte nail varnish (£1) in a metallic silver shade, I had to get it and as soon as I got home I applied it and it looks so good on.


I picked up a concealer, High Coverage Concealer for blemishes in the shade Ivory (£1.50). I haven't yet tried this, I've not even opened it, I look forward to giving it a try. Lastly, I got some 'Sultry' False Eye Lashes (£1) and an Eyelash Applicator (£1.50).  Again, not yet opened but I'm super excited to try these too.
 
 
And, it's official - I'm broke! For the most part I am super happy with what I did buy and I'm super excited to try the other stuff out, of course, or I wouldn't have spent my money on  it!
 
Let me know if you'd like me to give any reviews on a particular item I have, my opinions on the STILA foundation and concealer will be coming soon! I have plenty to say on that one! So yeah,... also I'm looking to trying out more from the Primark Beauty P.S... range, any recommendations or don't you dare pick that up's?
 
Speak to you soon,
 
Have Fun. Be Good.
 
Love Tessa. x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment