Sunday 17 January 2016

Pop of Green and a quick brief of how I contour my lips

Hey Beauties,
 
As promised, I am giving you a run down on all the products I used to create this look:

 
Prep: Honestly, I completely forgot to use primer but if I had remembered I would have used Benefit the Porefessional  all over my face along with the Benefit Air Patrol eyelid primer on my eye lids (top and bottom areas).  
 
Base: I used the one, the only, the best, Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in shade 1 'Fair' to make my blemishes disappear. For foundation I used the Stila Stay All Day foundation  in Number 3 Light (review coming soon) firstly stippling it on using my Real Techniques brush and then buffing it in with the RT Buffing brush (I find that technique diminishes the look of my enlarged open pores). Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer in 010 'Ivory' was then buffed in underneath my eyes using the same buffing RT brush. To add a bit of depth and colour to my face I used Make Up Academy (MUA) Professional Bronzed Perfection powder, brushing it all over where the sun would usually hit and to lightly sculpt my nose, under chin and under cheek bones using RT Powder Brush and a Marsk eye shadow brush (I don't know specifically what type). To illuminate my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose and my eyebrow bone I used Make Up Academy (MUA) Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter in Iridescent Gold brushing it on using my RT Contour Brush.
 
Eyes: I pressed the green/blue aqua colour in a Flutter Eye Collection Palette underneath my lower water line using the brush provided (I found this gave the best result). I then applied AVON Glow Liquid Eyeliner in Green Oasis over the top. Before mascara I used an AVON eye lash curler and then for mascara I used a conditioning eyelash primer by Manna Kadar  then using the Big & False Lash mascara by AVON to give my lashes some volume and a nice deep black colour. I applied these only to my top lashes. I ran my NYX Wonder Pencil in 01 Light on my bottom water line and to conceal any mascara mis-haps on my lids and fix any pigmentation issues I used the same NYX pencil blending it with a FERO eye shadow brush (which I'm sure is their Blending Brush).
 
Eyebrows: Seventeen Brow's that! Brow Kit is my best friend at the moment. I firstly use the pencil provided to fill my eye brows in swift and gentle hair like strokes, I apply the brow wax on top using the brush provided and then go over using the powder. I seem to get the most natural realistic look with that method, otherwise I find I have to brush my eye brows through with a spoolie to remove product to make them look how I want them too. I wipe the brush on a wipe (to clean and dampen the bristles to make the product pop more on application) and then apply the highlighter provided underneath my eyebrows and in my tear duct area of my eyes to make them lighter, illuminate and open.
 
Lips: I love to contour my lips, they lack lustre and are rather thin. I apply AVON ANEW Transparent Lip Plumping Conditioner to soften (I don't personally, think they do anything to the size but I'll keep using due to wishful thinking!). I then draw a line just underneath my bottom lip with Essence Eyebrow Designer pencil in 02 Brown (Bare with me,... I'm not crazy!) and I also put a fare bit amount on the area in-between my lips and nose (I'll need to attach a photo here so you guys know what I am on about as I have no idea how to describe it lol). I blend both lines out with a Studio eyeshadow brush so it gives the appearance of a shadow. I then go on the cupids bow and the little area around the newly shadowed area between my top lip and nose with the NYX Wonder Pencil in Light blending it slightly with a clean Studio eyeshadow brush. I quite liked my natural lip colour today, so I just applied an extra layer of my AVON ANEW Transparent Lip Plumping Conditioner to piece it all together. And Viola! The puzzle (that is my face) is complete after a few spritz of Make Up Academy Pro-Base Fixing Mist for all day long wear.

How I contour my lips into making them look fuller, after application - Blend! 
 
And again, Viola!


 
When putting it all on, It doesn't seem That much. Is it too much? No... but it seems it when you write it all down.
 
Hope you enjoyed reading this, and found it some use. I was completely unsure what to call it hence the rather unimaginative "Pop of Green" and lip contour title.
 
I shall speak to you again very very soon,
 
Have Fun, Be Good.
 
Love Tessa. x

No comments:

Post a Comment