Sunday 17 January 2016

My morning eating and drinking routine!

Hey Beauties,

For a while I've been contemplating changing my eating and drinking habits. I drink way too much fizzy drinks and chocolate for my own good, and when I'm round my parents house tea and biscuits is a must. So naughty

So, I've finally decided to clean up what I put in my body, after all: A body is precious so we need to look after it, we won't get another, and once this one is up - we are up!

I took a trip into Holland & Barrett this weekend to see what they had, and of course I popped into Boots to pick up my usual A-Z Complete Vitamins & Minerals tablets.

I looked at the weight management section first in the Holland & Barrett store, nothing there apart from the BooTea 14 Day TeaTox and Fat Metaboliser Tablets caught my eye but I'd really like to know more about those before I jump in and buy them.

So I went over to the (I think it's called) healthy lifestyle cabinet, and picked up a box of tea bags and some flapjacks. I love flapjacks.

The teabags I bought are the Ideal Health Slimatee with Green Tea, a pack of ten cost £2.49 which isn't bad at all. It says that this tea is more than a drink, it says "It is sensual, comforting, mentally and spiritually calming; and an enriching part of everyday life" and because of the green tea properties it also helps with maintaining weight and "regularity" (bowel movements I'm guessing...?). I've drunk one mug full so far, I poured some boiling water over the tea bag and let it sit for about 10minutes, maybe even more (because I was a little bit busy and lost track). The first thing I noticed was the smell, it smelt so minty and it tasted like mint too. It was definitely pleasant. I look forward to another cup in the morning!


Flapjacks are also eaten as my breakfast meal, I don't know if that's a good thing or not but surely it must be better than coco pops/cheese on toast/nothing? The Holland & Barrett website say, "Flapjacks provide instant and slow-release energy to help keep you active all day. They contain soluble and insoluble fibre".  That can't be bad for breakfast, can it? They are 99p each or 3 for £2.50, so I picked up the Coconut Flapjack with Chocolate Flavour Top (which tasted delicious!); Prune, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed and raspberry 'skinny' oatbar (It is super chewy, I'm not a fan of chewy foods so I didn't eat the rest after one bite) and the Mixed Seed Flapjack (Is really nice). All Holland and Barrett's own brand.


That's all I am having for breakfast from today onwards, Slimatee with Green Tea and a flapjack alongside my vitamin tablet. Usually I don't drink anything in the mornings, if I do it's a small glass of skimmed milk. And as said above I usually don't eat anything in the mornings, but if I do it's either a bowl of coco pops or melted cheese on toast. Unhealthy (but oh so tasty)!

Let me know if you have a better alternative to anything I am having. A good friend of mine is using slimming world, and ate spaghetti and egg on toast this morning... (a tiny bit jealous).

Speak to you soon,

Have fun and Be Good.

Love Tessa. x

No comments:

Post a Comment