Friday 26 February 2016

My BirchBox shop disappointment *Update

Hey Beauties, 

As you may be aware I am a BIRCHBOX Beauty Box monthly subscriber and I have received some pretty cool bits from them to try. The product that stands out to me is the Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect spray - it is amazing, I love it so much. 


So, when I finally reached 200 Birchbox points (which is worth £20) I decided to make an order for the real sized bottle which is £20 with free P&P/Shipping. 


I made the order on the 16th February, and received a package a few days later. I'm like a little kid at Christmas with delivers, I get super excited. So I cut the selotape holding the box together and opened it with anticipation. The Number 4 box seemed different to what I was expecting... it was square, I'm sure the item looked rectangular. I read the box before I ripped off the cellophane. Number 4 Lumiere d'hiver Reconstructing Masque. Huh? Oh - They must have sent me the wrong item by mistake, so I emailed them.

After a few days and a post onto Birchboxes Facebook wall I had a response; they apologised, gave me 50 extra Birchbox points (equalling to £5), asked me to send the wrong item back and said they have put in another order for the correct item. 

On the 21st February another order for the Number 4 Lumiere d'hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect spray was placed by a Birchbox member of staff. 

On the 24th February, I was handed another box by a friendly parcel man. I was happy to finally have what I wanted in my hands, with excitement I ripped open the box... I was disappointed, it was ANOTHER Number 4 Lumiere d'hiver Reconstructing Masque. I literally just threw it back in the box, closed the box and put it at the bottom of my stairs whilst I sent BirchBox another email. 2 days later and I still don't have a response from the team.

I don't doubt that the Number 4 Lumiere d'hiver Reconstructing Masque is amazing - it's just not what I want. It retails in at £36 which is pricey! It has some amazing qualities like; Liquid Vibrance Complex, Liquid Vitality Complex, Liquid Defence Complex and Liquid Purity Complex - So the price is worth it. It is a 5 star rated product, so if it's something your interested in and you can get it - then get it. I don't doubt how amazing it is as Number 4 is an amazing brand. I just really want my order of Number 4 Lumiere d'hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect Spray. 

So, Birchbox - if your reading this - please can you send me the correct order and please could you open an investigation into why the wrong item was sent twice? There is either a human error or an error within the warehouse (I'm guessing) either way it is frustrating for the consumer. 

Can I just say, to you - my reader. That I have ordered from Birchbox before and have no problems at all.

I shall keep you updated on this matter anyway... hopefully it will be resolved soon! 

*** After a few hours of this post going up I had a response from my last email to BirchBox; which said: 

" Hi Tessa,
Thanks so much for letting us know.
I am so sorry about this - I have gone ahead and gifted you 50 birchbox points for the issues you have had here. My apologies.
Would you like me to send the correct order or at this stage would you prefer a refund?
Hope that helps, again, my apologies for this!"

I replied asking for my correct product. 3rd time lucky I hope! 

I shall keep you posted...

Have fun, be good. 

Love Tessa. x

No comments:

Post a Comment